Thursday, April 26, 2012

"Just a mom with a camera"

A wonderful photographer named Jamie Swanson recently posted in her blog under the title: "Confessions of a photographer". I don't think I could have described myself any better than she did. Here's an except from that blog, it gave me some excellent insight into myself and my business. Interesting, coming from someone who's never met me....




"...Let’s get real for a moment.
Running a business is stinking hard....I’m just a normal person.
I’m just a “Mom with a camera” who struggles with balance
and time management and with worries and everything just like you do.
Yes, I know business. I have a lot of tools at my disposal, 
but that doesn't make me immune to the struggle.
I burned out working a full time job as well as doing photography in the evenings and weekends.
I worry about booking enough clients. 
I worry about cash flow and savings. 
I work far too many hours into the day and night, and struggle with finding balance...
I work in my pajamas most days, and my house is a mess. 
In fact, I’m in need of a shower right now too.
But you know what?
It’s worth it."

I love what I do. I love each and every one of you for being a part of what I do. Thanks for all of your support.

-Chrysti