Monday, July 2, 2012

Glowing.

There's a little store in my town that sells ADORABLE baby stuff, and also serves as kind of a trading post for moms. There is never a shortage of interesting stuff... stuff you would never think you'd need, but honestly, I never leave there empty-handed.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to put business cards at this store before, but I was in there the other day with my daughter (we left with a little horsey toy and a few onesies, in case you were wondering), and put a few cards on their "community" table. The very next day I got an email from a mom-to-be who had found my card at this AWESOME store. She'd originally decided against taking maternity photos but changed her mind. She was due in exactly one month, so was concerned about getting in with me in time. 


I'm leaving for vacation in 2 days. I am so neurotic that I HAVE to get my house spotless before the housesitters come over, and we have committed to NOT checking any luggage (2 adults, one child, four days, two carry-ons... challenge accepted). I also have a civil wedding the night before we leave so I am, needless to say, BOGGED DOWN. But I identified with her concern. I had also decided to forego maternity photos, and changed my mind the day I was due. I found a photographer to squeeze me in 2 days later (little did I know it would be another week before my daughter joined our family). I immediately cleared my afternoon for her.

I had an awesome time with this session. This mommy-to-be was not only beautiful but a CHAMP! 5 inch stilettos, never a complaint about walking, getting up and down, and was so natural and comfortable in front of my camera. I can't wait to do her son's newborn session next month. AFTER vacation.

Favorites from this session can be found on my "Maternity" page. Click HERE to schedule your maternity session.

Blessings!!
Chrysti