Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Intimate.

In my past life, I was a pencil pusher. I have a whole lot of very expensive student loans for said pencil pushing (Human Resources), and I honestly miss it sometimes. 
Very infrequently. 
Actually, almost never. 

But I DO miss having the opportunity to help people. I don't do well with blood and I don't have the patience to teach, so I looked forward to getting to know people, and their stories, both good and bad, and using my education and experience to do something good for them and their families. That's the part I REALLY miss. Professional photography is a luxury, so it's unlikely that I'll come across someone who NEEDS my services.  Not to say that this amazing couple NEEDED me specifically, but their situation was unique, and they needed the right kind of photographer. 

This amazing couple made the decision to exchange vows privately. No guests, no wedding party, no reception - just them and their two girls. I can only imagine how difficult it was to make this decision, but I totally respect them for focusing on their priorities and having the wedding THEY wanted. I was asked to photograph their ceremony, and even though I was leaving for vacation in less than 12 hours, I was honored to be a part of their special day. 

The bride was amazingly gorgeous and their daughters looked like little princesses. They were married in their small community church by the pastor who preaches to them every Sunday. They were so grateful, and so glad they'd have photos to show their loved ones, some of whom were waiting outside for them. They truly made me feel like I had an impact on their wedding day. I consider every client a blessing, but being a part of this day for this family was so special. 

Favorites from this and other weddings can be found on my "weddings" page. Click HERE to schedule your bridal consultation.

Blessings!
Chrysti